Pages

11 May, 2008

Tricky

The fabulous Tricky is also on the "let your fans remix your music" bandwagon.

http://www.knowlewestboy.com/

This is one that I just might have a go at myself.

And for the second time tonight I've come across another term that's new to me. It appears that the "let your fans remix your music" trend that has been sweeping the Net is known as "crowdsourcing" - I'm guessing that's a play on "crowdsurfing" with both terms referring to different way that fans can get close to the recording artist :)

What's interesting about this particular instance is (and this is as I understand it from Wired) that remixers will be rewarded with the payment of one pound sterling, but that payment buys your rights in the remix. I'm unsure at this stage how I feel about that.

No comments: